GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED!
I cannot believe that in just 4 days my kids will be out of school for the summer. Can you believe that… Already! Wow, how time flies when your having fun. 🙂 I can’t wait for the kids to have a little breather and a chance to wake up late and just have a little fun. I know one of the many things we try and do more often is be outside, and that usually means a lot more picnics and grill outs.
A few weeks ago I was contacted by Del Monte® to host a Can Creations gathering with friends to try out some yummy creations with Del Monte® products. If you guys remember I shared with you a photo of some of the goodies that Del Monte® had sent me which included canned fruits, veggies, strainers, and a lovely apron… which for me I can never have enough!
Here are a few recipes I wanted to share with you that I tested:
Brown Rice with Black Beans, Corn and Tomatoes (I changed this recipe up and added a can of Del Monte® Diced Tomatoes);
Pear Torte (which I couldn’t stop eating),
and a Peach Caramel Upside Down Cake.
One of the great things with these recipes was that they were so easy to make and took no time. We all know that we buy canned goods all the time and sometimes we either forget we have those canned foods and never use them or we see the canned goods in our pantry but can never figure out what to make with them. Well I am here to share with you all that Del Monte® has so many different recipes you can use to create yummy delicious meals.
- 1 sheet of Puff Pastry, thawed
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 2 cans Pear Halves, drained
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- Heat the oven to 425°F. Stir the granulated sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Spread the margarine in the bottom of a 10-inch oven-safe skillet. Sprinkle with the sugar mixture. Arrange the pear halves in the skillet, cut-side up, with the tapered end of the pears towards the center of the skillet. Cook over medium heat for 8 minutes or until the sugar mixture is thickened. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 13-inch circle. Place the pastry over the pears and tuck the sides in lightly around the pears.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Cool in the skillet on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Carefully invert the tortetta onto a serving plate.
- Tip: When inverting the tortetta, make sure to use oven mitts and hold the skillet and plate firmly together. If any pears stick to the skillet, just remove them and arrange them on the tortetta.
Peach Caramel Upside Down Cake
- 2 cans (15.25 oz. each) Del Monte® Sliced Peaches in 100% Juice
- 1 stick (4 oz.) Unsalted Butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Evaporated Milk
- 2 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1 package Yellow Cake Mix
- Drain peaches reserving syrup for sauce.
- Combine 4 oz. unsalted butter, brown sugar, reserved syrup from peaches, and evaporated milk; cook over medium heat until syrupy, about 5 minutes; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Use remaining 2 tablespoon butter to grease 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- Pour caramel sauce in pan, and arrange peaches over bottom; sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions; pour over fruit. Bake 30 minutes.
- Cool completely before un-molding. Serve with ice cream and additional sliced peaches, if desired.
Did you also know that:
- Del Monte® products deliver the same essential nutrients as fresh, making it simple to incorporate a full serving of fruits and vegetables into your dish.
- Since they’re packed at the peak of ripeness, Del Monte® makes it possible to enjoy garden quality fruits and vegetables all year round, no matter the season.
- Del Monte® can help add an easy, creative twist to your meal while also helping save time in a savvy way that family or guests wouldn’t even notice.
Now for the best part… the Giveaway!
Del Monte® is graciously giving away a Second Gift Pack to a very special winner. The gift pack will include:
- (1) can Del Monte® Cut Green Beans
- (1) can Del Monte® Diced Tomatoes
- (1) can Del Monte® Whole Kernel Corn
- (1) can Del Monte® Pear Halves
- (1) can Del Monte® Sliced Peaches
Be sure to enter this great giveaway courtesy of Del Monte®!
Here’s How To Enter:
1. Leave a comment telling us, “What is your favorite can creation?”
For Additional Entries: (leave separate comments for each)
2. Join ThatsSoYummy and Del Monte® on Facebook.
3. Tweet the following: Enter to win @DelMonte gift pack of canned fruits and veggies, strainer & apron on @thatssoyummy! http://bit.ly/11kyyy8
June 7th, 10am EST. US residents only. Winner will be chosen via Random.org and will be notified by email. Winner will have 48 hours to return my email to claim prize.
Disclaimer: The Del Monte® products, information and two gift packs have been provided by Del Monte®.