Cookouts are here full force and steak time is upon us again.
What kind of juicy cut of steak are you?
Do you like a sizzling rib-eye or a top choice filet mignon. Here’s a guide for those carnivore that really want to sink their teeth into!
Rib Eye aka Delmonino Steak
– naturally tender cuts cook up juicy, having a rich flavor of caramelization.
– are sold bone-in and can be bought bone out as well. Leaving the bone in gives the meat a more dramatic presentation.
– The lots of marbeling makes it self-basting.
– These steaks run pricey so look for cuts with a large “eye” and less surrounding fat.
To read more
Top Round aka London Broil
– Very lean having a mild flavor. it is slightly dense and chewy.
– It is in-expensive with no fat for trimming. The shape of this steak allows it to easier to slice.
– Marinating this meat will tenderize it.
– Try not to overcook your meat, this will turn the meat into leather.
– Carve this meat against the grain. This meat is great in sanwiches, definitely a “Best Buy.”
Skirt Steak aka Fajita Steak
– This meat is juicy and flavorful. Quick cooking and easy to grill.
– Due to firm grains that allow the meat to soak up the seasonings, this meat is great for dry rubs and marinades.
– Best served rare to medium-rare. Cooking longer will toughen the meat.
** This cut is a “Best Buy as well.”
Filet Mignon aka Tenderloin Steak
– This steak has a mild flavor.
– This meat is expensive, unlike the other cuts before.
– This meat does not need to be trimmed and doesn’t shrink much when cooking.
– Try to avoid acidic marinades they will destroy the fine grain and turn the meat mealy.
– Best eaten rare or medium.
– This meat is great cold and chopped up due to its tender parts.
Strip Loin aka Strip Steak or New York Strip Steak
– This meat is known as a beef lover’s steak.
– This meat is low maintenance, cooks evenly, easy on the grill, broil or pan.
– Serve rare or medium-rare. Meat will turn mealy if overcooked.
– A “steakhouse” lovers choice of meat.
– A juicy strip of meat.
– The bone adds much flavor to the meat and seals in the juices.
– Those that love sucking on the bone at the end of the meal knows that this meat is the best!
Sharing and demonstrating my Love for food and to showcase different meals I have come across either through word of mouth, research, or coming up on my own. Introducing a community for all types of people who have the same passion as me, Food.