If you don’t want to miss out on any recipes make sure you follow ThatsSoYummy on Facebook!
Mini frittatas with eggs, mushrooms, feta cheese and shallots made in muffin tins make for a delicious easy breakfast. The use of the muffin tins make this a prefect on the go breakfast that you can throw in the microwave and warm in seconds. With frittatas you can pretty much add whatever you want inside. This recipe I chose to add juicy mushrooms with shallots and feta cheese.
You know that sounds yummy… right!!!!
Now for all of my meat lovers, like my husband and kids, I make them frittatas filled with sausage, scallion and cheddar cheese. You can also make these frittatas as snacks, for lunch and even for dinner. I love to make these on the weekend for us to have throughout the week. Plus the kids love to be able to pop these babies in their mouths on the way out the door.
______________________________________Enjoy and see you next time!
Mini Mushroom and Feta Frittatas
Mini frittatas with eggs, mushrooms, feta cheese and shallots made in muffin tins make for a delicious easy breakfast.
- Nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray
- 8 large Eggs
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 8 ounces Mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 1 Shallot, chopped
- Cheddar Cheese
- Scallion/ Onions
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick spray. Make sure you spray well each tin so that the eggs will not stick.
- In a small nonstick pan saute the chopped mushrooms and shallots in a tablespoon of butter.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, pepper, and salt in a large bowl to blend well. Now you can stir in the mushroom mixture in the eggs. Or you can spoon the mushroom mixture in each muffin tin. Then pour the whisked eggs in each muffin tin on top of the mushrooms. Sprinkle the crumbled feta cheese on top.
- Bake until the egg mixture puffs and is just set in the center, about 8 to 10 minutes. The frittatas will be really puffy right out of the oven and will settle once removed from the oven.
- Using a knife, run the edge of the knife around the edge and loosen the frittatas from the muffin cups and slide the frittatas onto a platter. Serve immediately.