One Pan Baked Ziti is the ultimate comfort food that is simple and easy to make…PLUS all you need is one pot to make it all in!
Fast and easy is definitely the way to go for dinner sometimes. I mean even though its summertime, well at least for the next week — side note, I can’t believe summer is almost over — the kids had been so busy traveling to see family that when their home we are always trying to spend time with one another whether we are outside, at the park, kicking ball, in the pool or just watching movies.
So for the next week I’m just trying to enjoy the last few days I can with the kids before life becomes one stop after the next and next. You all know what I mean, just call me mommy taxi 🙂
So one pan dinners are such a lifesaver. Plus cleanup is a breeze. 🙂
Simple ingredients, flavors, and lots of cheese. The perfect combo. I think you’re going to love this one!
If you make any of our recipes, share them on instagram or twitter be sure to tag me @thatssoyummy and use the hashtag #thatssoyummy! I love seeing your photos!
One Pan Baked Ziti is the ultimate comfort food that is simple and easy to make...PLUS all you need is one pot to make it all in!
- 1/2 lb pound ground Italian Sausage
- 1 (15 ounce) can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) can Tomato Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 5-6 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Basil, (or 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves but add it at the end)
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 3 cups Water
- 12 ounces Ziti, or similar pasta
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- Ground Black Pepper
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add olive oil to a deep, 12-inch or larger oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add sausage cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper flakes to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, dried basil and oregano. Stir well. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the water and dry pasta. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to a low boil and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Stir in the heavy cream, and Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle mozzarella evenly on top. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until the cheese has melted and browned, about 5 minutes. Enjoy!
Enjoy and see you next time!
Some other One Pan Meals you may like:
Skillet Chicken Lasagna
Cajun Shrimp and Rice
Brown Rice with Black Beans and Corn