Are you excited yet?
How about now…
Now I know you are…
There is something so sinful and ultimately decadent with this dessert that after one bite you find yourself eating another and another. Oreo Cheesecake Bars, just saying the name makes my mouth water. (cute huh!)
Combining my two loves Oreos, which if you have been reading this little blog of mine you already know has been a favorite of mine since he beginning of time, and cheesecake. Luscious, creamy cheesecake!
YUM!!!!! I made these just because I was craving cheesecake and thought that I would bring a tray to work to share with my fellow employees… let’s just say that they all didn’t make it that far… I mean I brought a handful though!
These babies have become a family favorite and a recipe I can officially say has made it on the most requested list for something sweet and great to bring to any party or shindig. If you walk into anywhere with a tray of these you will be the talk of the town and everyone’s best friend! 🙂
So for the next potluck you have going on make these, just do me a favor make sure you don’t eat them all before you reach your destination… it happens sometimes 🙂
______________________________________Enjoy and see you next time!
A decadent dessert combining crunchy sweet Oreos with luscious cheesecake make the ultimate dessert: Oreo Cheesecake Bars!
- 36 Oreo Cookies, divided
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) butter
- 4 packages (8-ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 4 ounces white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Line a 9×13-inch baking pan with foil, with ends extending over sides. Finely crush 24 Oreo cookies. Melt 1/4 cup butter; mix with crumbs. Press onto bottom of prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar with mixer until blended. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each just until blended. Chop remaining cookies. Gently stir into batter; pour over crust.
- Bake the cheesecake for about 35-40 minutes or until the sides are set and the center is almost set. Cool completely on a wire rack in the pan.
- When the cheesecake is completely cooled, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. When chilled, remove the cheesecake using the foil overhang and cut the cheesecake into bite-sized pieces, or in bars. Place the cheesecake bites/bars on a wax or parchment paper-lined baking tray.
- Melt the semisweet chocolate and white chocolate in separate bowls (I use the microwave on 50% power, stirring frequently). Pour the melted chocolate into a ziploc bag, one for the semisweet chocolate, one for the white chocolate. Snip a small corner off the corner of the bag and drizzle the chocolate over the cheesecake bars.
- Chill the bars until ready to serve. Alternately, the drizzled bites can be frozen in an airtight container for up to a month. Let them defrost in the refrigerator and serve chilled.