Have you ever had Pumpkin Alfredo Tortellini?
Its pretty much just your favorite filled tortellini pasta with a simple creamy, homemade Alfredo sauce made with fresh pumpkin.
It is SOOOOOOOOOOO delicious!
This recipe is so family friendly and great for any crazy weekday night dinner. I mean who turns down cheese tortellini in homemade Alfredo sauce… plus it adds pumpkin goodness which we are all about on ThatsSoYummy this season.
You guys remember when I showed you how to make fresh Homemade Pumpkin Puree. That was so easy…right?
Well now add that to this recipe and now you would have hit it out the park with two awesome delicious pumpkin recipes. 🙂
That bowl is a bowl full of yumiliciousness!!!!!!
If you make any of our recipes, share them on instagram or twitter be sure to tag me @thatssoyummy and use the hashtag #thatssoyummy! I love seeing your photos!
Pumpkin Alfredo Tortellini
- 1 Tablespoon Butter, unsalted
- 1 small Shallot, finely chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup Fresh Pumpkin Puree or canned Pure Pumpkin
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Pumpkin Spice
- 1 1/4 cups Heavy Cream
- A pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese, plus more for topping
- Freshly ground pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Then add a heaping hand of salt. Add the tortellini and cook as the label directs. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water, then drain the pasta.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallot and garlic, cook, stirring, until slightly soft, about 2 minutes. Add the pumpkin and nutmeg and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in the cream and bring to a low boil. Add red pepper flakes. Reduce the heat to medium low; simmer, stirring, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cheese and cook until thick, about 1 more minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the tortellini to the skillet and toss with the sauce, adding some of the reserved cooking water to loosen, if needed. Serve and Enjoy!
Enjoy and see you next time!