Carrie Vitt‘s main goal is to try and uncomplicate organic cooking and make it more accessible and for home cooks alike. Carrie provides easy and simple recipes on her beautiful food blog, Deliciously Organic. Not only can you learn first hand from Carrie in her cooking classes but you can also await for her cookbook that will be making its appearance September 2010. Please welcome her this week to ThatsSoYummy.
* Sweet or Savory?
* Which ingredient(s) do you use the most?
Coconut oil, butter and cream
* What’s your favorite cooking smell?
Apples and caramel
* What is your most favorite cooking sound?
The hiss of the pan when I add water after sautéing rice in butter.
* In the kitchen, what’s your most treasured possession?
My 12 quart hammered copper pot my husband bought for me at Dehillerin in Paris.
* What do you look for inside a dish?
Fresh, wholesome, organic ingredients. I also look for recipes I can change to use only whole ingredients.
* What is a “faux pas” in your kitchen?
Don’t really have one.
* Is there a food you will not eat?
Chicken livers. My Mom used to make them when I was a kid and even though my tastes have changed, I just don’t think I would ever try them again.
* What food is your guilty pleasure?
* Have you ever changed how you feel towards a food?
Years ago my health was completely changed for the better when I began using only whole, organic ingredients. I’m off all my medications that I relied on so heavily in the past and now my goal is to show others how to cook using only the purest ingredients.
* If you could prepare a dinner for anyone, who would it be?
* If you could choose a living or historical cook to prepare a meal for you, who would it be?
Ina Garten. She can have me over to eat in her barn anytime.
* Which food website/ or blog would you die without?
I really love Tartelette…I am a bit bias since she is doing the photography for my book, but really, her photography can’t be beat.
* What is your favorite food shopping experience?
Any food shopping with my Dad…he throws anything new he sees in the cart. It’s always an interesting experience.
* If you could move, which country would you move to for the food?
* What’s the dress code in the kitchen when you cook?
Jeans, J.Crew Tee, and an apron. I always have an apron on, so much that my friends jab me for it. I’ve confused many delivery men when they show up with a package and there I am in my apron.
* What would you request on the menu if it was your last supper?
Chocolate, and then more chocolate.
* What food would you prepare to seduce someone?
Chocolate…I think there’s a theme here.
* What food are you craving right now?
A glass of wine
* What is your comfort food?
Pasta. Every Sunday night I make a big bowl and enjoy.
(Image by Wordle)
Sharing and demonstrating my Love for food and to showcase different meals I have come across either through word of mouth, research, or coming up on my own. Introducing a community for all types of people who have the same passion as me, Food.